LuciPac A3 Sanitation System (Kikkoman)
Introducing the LuciPac™ A3 Sanitation System … Because better detection equals better protection
Find what others can’t - See for yourself why there’s no clean like A3 clean
Only Kikkoman’s new LuciPac A3 Sanitation System, distributed by Weber Scientific, detects ATP+ADP+AMP with one swab to give you the whole picture. Its patented A3 Technology has been proven to detect residues and microorganisms that others miss.
NEW – Now AOAC approved
The proof is in the testing
Independent laboratory testing confirms that the Kikkoman A3 technology provides detection of residues at levels much lower than other tests on the market. Using residue from many different foods, laboratory testing proved that Kikkoman A3 technology produced a test result (relative light units - RLU) an order of magnitude or higher than competitive products. In many of the foods tested, Kikkoman A3 technology showed a strong presence of residue while the competitive products produced test results below typical action levels showing that Kikkoman A3 can reduce the risks from false negative results.
Sanitation is critical to food safety and ineffective cleaning can affect the appearance and taste of food, harbor microorganisms and promote the production of biofilms. So, if your sanitation system only detects ATP, you’re missing potential contaminants.
ATP can be unstable and decompose into ADP and AMP. This means conventional systems that test for ATP alone may fail to find the true presence of contamination and may produce false negatives. Only the breakthrough chemistry in Kikkoman A3 technology detects ATP, ADP and AMP - more than any other product out there. Ensure better surface sanitation and support a more effective sanitation program that reduces the presence of resident organisms and the risks from food pathogens.
Detection - LuciPac A3 vs. Competitors
ATP in meat, seafood, egg and fruit is decomposed into ADP and AMP during processing increasing levels of ADP and AMP. The LuciPac A3 showed superior sensitivity and stability for detection of food residues compared to competitive ATP tests.
Contact us to find out what you’ve been missing and receive our FREE white paper.
The target foods were homogenized and diluted 100-fold, then aliquots of 10 µl of each dilution were pipetted onto the appropriate swabs and measured.
Superior sensitivity leaves food residue with no place to hide
- Highly cost effective sanitation monitoring
- Provides real-time feedback and facilitates long-term data analysis
- Optimizes and verifies that cleaning procedures are working
- Assists in developing and improving process and risk assessment programs (i.e. HACCP & GMPs)
- No scheduled yearly maintenance necessary
- Available Calibration Control Kit for in-house confirmation of calibration
- Powerful software included, connects to software via USB
- Small, lightweight, handheld instrument (0.57 lbs., 7 x 18. x 3 cm)
- Quick-test mode enables ad-hoc testing
- Large screen with back-light and optional BOLD text
- Powered by 2 x AA batteries for several months of uninterrupted use
- Removable read chamber design allows for easy cleaning
- Durable outside shell and sealed keypad to protect against splashes and wear
- Original one year warranty includes parts and labor (additional coverage available)
Common Threshold Setting
- Food contact soft surface 500-1000 rlus
- Food contact stainless surface 200-400 rlus
- Food service hands 1500-3000 rlus
- Hospital 1000-2000-rlus
- Total ATP Water 200-500 rlus
ATP is a source of energy necessary for various forms of life that are present in organic residues, such as microorganisms, food residue, and biological substances that originate from other living organisms. This monitoring system allows you to measure and detect organic residues at high speed and high sensitivity by detecting ATP (adenosine triphosphate) using luciferase, which is why it is widely used in determining cleanliness levels in food manufacturing facilities. However, conventional ATP monitoring systems are insufficient because ADP (adenosine diphosphate) and AMP (adenosine monophosphate) generated from ATP degradation are completely overlooked. Kikkoman developed a new and patented monitoring system. This method definitely enables high sensitive analysis of a wider range of organic residues.
- The swab devices should be allowed to reach room temperature prior to testing, if they are from refrigerated stock.
- Remove the swab stick from the casing.
- NOTE: If running the test on a dry subject, first moisten the swab or the test subject with tap (or deionized water for consistency)1.
- Use the swab with consistent pressure.
- Return the swab stick to the casing and push all the way into the main body.
- Allow the leftover luminescent reagent to thoroughly dissolve.
- Insert the swab into the Lumitester™ to measure the results.
1Regular tap water may contain a slight amount of ATP, ADP and AMP. It is recommended to wash or otherwise clean off the faucet in such cases and allow the water to run for a while before collecting any for use. Alternatively use deionized water.
Handling of Data
Benchmark levels 1 and 2 are set to determine whether cleanliness levels are at acceptable levels or not (see diagram). Cleanliness levels are designated as Pass (A) if the measured amount of luminescence falls below level 1 and as Fail (C) if the amount is higher than level 2. With Fail (C), cleaning will need to be redone and cleaning procedures may need to be revised. Cleanliness levels where the measure amount of luminescence is above level 1 but below level 2 are designed as Caution (B), and it is recommended that cleaning be redone and cleaning procedures revised in such cases.
Powerful Data Analysis Software package is included (see illustration)
- 100 programmable test plans
- 200 programmable user IDs
- 251 programmable locations per test plan
- 5,000 programmable test locations
The Repeatability of Measurements
The Lumitester™ PD-30 with LuciPac A3 swab demonstrated superior repeatability relative to competitors even at the low level of ATP (10-13 moles ATP/assay). (See chart.)
ATP detection was assessed for each device by pipetting 10 μL of the 10-8 M stock ATP solution (10-13 moles ATP/assay) onto the appropriate swabs (n=10)
Store at cool temperatures (36° - 46°F - 2° - 8°C) for long term storage. The kits can be stored below 77°F - 25°C for up to 14 days or below 86°F - 30°C for up to five days before opening an aluminum bag, without any adverse effect on the long term stability. Do not freeze the kits.
The RLU of LuciPac A3 was decreased only 8% after extreme storage at 40ºC for 2 weeks (see chart).
Each device was stored at 4ºC and 40ºC respectively, the sample stored at 4ºC served as a control (100 RLU). 10 μL of the 10-7 M stock ATP solution (10-12 moles ATP/assay) was used for evaluations.
- This kit cannot be used to test food or food products directly.
- Set the benchmark level at which the required cleanliness levels can be obtained. If the benchmark level is not set correctly, cleanliness levels may not be evaluated correctly.
- See storage recommendations.
Control Software for Lumitester PD-30
DOWNLOAD Control Software for Lumitester PD-30 Link
Products ship on ice in a foam box. Shipments cannot be over weekends. There is a $5.00 ice and box fee. The number of fees may vary based upon how much product is ordered and if it must be packed in one or more boxes. Feel free to contact Customer Service for specific details.
LuciPac™ A3 Videos
A comparison of measurement results LuciPac™ A3 vs Hygiena SystemSURE Plus™, Hygiena Ensure™, 3M Clean-Trace™ UXL 100, Charm PocketSwab® Plus, Neogen AccuPoint®, and Biocontrol Lightning MVP Icon®.
|Description/Item No.||Details||Qty.||Your Cost/Qty||Purchase|
LuciPac™ A3 Surface Swab System
|LuciPac™ A3 Surface Swab System||Case/100 (20 x 5 aluminum bags)||
LuciPac™ A3 Water Swab System
|LuciPac™ A3 Water Swab System for TOTAL ATP+ADP+AMP - layered flange tip for highly accurate water sampling||Case/100 (20 x 5 aluminum bags)||
Lumitester™ Control Kit
|Lumitester™ Control Kit||each||