Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 24th Edition
The new Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 24th edition, provides the most up-to-date, comprehensive resource for measuring the biological, chemical, and physical attributes of waters, and offers guidance for choosing among available methods for specific elements and compounds. Analysts, researchers, and regulators have relied on this expert consensus publication since 1905, and it remains a trusted source of accurate, proven methodology for analyzing natural waters, water supplies, and wastewaters.
In the 24th edition (2022), more than 90% of methods were revised to clarify procedures, update nomenclature, and ensure consistency from the 23rd edition (2017). Four entirely new sections provide much-needed information on biological toxin analysis, the determination of hydrogen peroxide and peracetic acids, and the detection of Naegleria fowleri. This edition also boasts a major reorganization in three parts, making methods easier to access.
Published by the American Public Health Association, American Water Works Association, and Water Environment Federation, Standard Methods for the Examination of Water and Wastewater, 24th edition, is the culmination of thousands of hours of volunteer effort by experts in the field of environmental water analysis.
Updates to the new 24th edition include:
• 10 new or updated methods across Part 7000 Radioactivity
• 11 new or updated methods in Part 4000 Inorganic Nonmetallic Constituents
• 45 new or updated methods across Part 9000 Microbiological Examination
• 4 new sections (9750 Naegleria fowleri; 4500-H2O2 Hydrogen Peroxide; 4500-PAA Peracetic Acid; 10110 Algal Toxin Analysis: MC and NOD)
• 82 new or updated methods in total