Hsu’s Lactobacillus and Pediococcus (HLP) Medium
Weber Brand Hsu’s Lactobacillus and Pediococcus (HLP) Medium is used for the differentiation, selection and enumeration of Lactobacillus and Pediococcus species while inhibiting the growth of brewing culture yeast. HLP Medium is a simple and effective method to screen for the most common spoilage bacteria found in a brewery environment.
- Conforms to American Society of Brewing Chemists standard methods and formulation.
- Results in as little as 48 hours
- Medium can be prepared without the use of a sterilizer or autoclave
- Species of bacteria can be identified based on colony morphology
- Dehydrated media can be prepared as a semi-broth or agar*
Package Quantity Contains 500 g dehydrated media. Prepares approximately 500 culture tubes.
Note: To prepare HLP medium in agar form, a separate addition of bacteriological grade agar is needed (sold separately). Bacteriological agar can be found at the link below.