Beer Spoilage Micro Test Kit (Microbiologique)
The Beer Spoilage Micro Test kit was developed to rapidly detect major spoilage microorganisms within 3 hours directly from a spoiled beer sample or 2 hours following a 24- 48 hour enrichment step (recommended for clear beer).
This kit is intended for the detection of specific spoilage-causing wild yeasts (Saccharomyces diastaticus, Brettanomyces) and bacteria (Lactic acid bacteria, Megasphaera and Pectinatus) in beer.
- Simultaneous detection of beer spoilage organisms: Brettanomyces, Lactic acid Bacteria (including hop-resistant strains), Megasphaera, Pectinatus, Saccharomyces diastaticus and Zygosaccharomyces
- Detection of spoilage organisms in spoiled products in 3 hours:
Limit of detection: 103 to 104 cells/mL
- Detection of spoilage organisms by enrichment:
Limit of Detection: 1 - 10 cells/mL Sample enrichment: 24 - 48 hr PCR operation and detection: 2 hr
Kit Components (24 tests)
- Lysis Solution (100 μL)
- Taq Bead (3 strips of 8 tubes)
- PCR Buffer (1.5 mL)
- Lateral Flow Strips (24 strips)
- Detection Reagent (4 mL)
4165-00 96 Gradient PCR Thermo Cycler (Bio-Gener) Link
4165-10 8 Well Microcycler (Microbiologique) Link