New SNAP Beta Lactam Test Kit
New SNAP has only one change from the previous SNAP test. It now detects the tolerance level for the widely used drug Cephapirin at 11.7 ppb compared to 3.5 ppb previously (FDA tolerance for Cephapirin is 20 ppb). This less sensitive test means there will be fewer sub-violative positives leading to less dumped milk. Everything else remains the same.
- Quick - results in under 10 minutes
- Simple - 2 steps before you read
- Convenient -no measuring of reagents; self-contained, portable
- Inexpensive - no large instru- mentation or extensive equipment required
- Accurate - built-in control on every test; clear visual reads
- Sensitive - meets FDA tolerance levels for penicillin G, ampicillin, cephapirin, amoxicillin, and ceftiofur
1. Heat & Pour.
The New SNAP® Beta-Lactam Test is an enzyme-linked receptor-binding assay that detects penicillin G, amoxicillin, ampicillin, ceftiofur and cephapirin residues in raw, commingled cow milk at or below established tolerance and/or safe levels.
New SNAP Beta Lactam Test Kit contains SNAP device, sample tube with cap and reagent pellet, and pipet.